Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The last train on line Z.

    I'm not sure what I saw was real. Maybe I was just dreaming or...I was hammered! Alright?! It was on a Monday, of that I am positive. Strange things do tend to happen on Monday nights, for some reason.
    Anyway, I had left the pub late and barely managed to catch the last train on line Z. Too broke to get a cab, too lazy to walk, the subway was my one chance of safely reaching home. The thing is I live at the end of the line, which leaves a lonely man, whether under the influence or not, plenty of opportunities to wander into slumberland.
    As I kept dozing off, passengers kept disappearing. Soon, I was the only one left on the train. Or so it seemed. It's a rather disturbing experience, I must say. I am not afraid of being alone, you know. I am rather good at it, actually. But there I was, half passed out, alone on a train leading me to god knows where. Was it really home or rather some special station in hell where impoverished drunks are tortured for eternity?
    Then, I noticed her. At first, she was sitting a few rows away from me and I could only really see the back of her head. Seeing a girl alone late at night on a subway is rather unusual. But it was Monday and there was no one on the train to bother her. In my state, I certainly wasn't capable of bothering anyone.
    I closed my eyes, just to rest them a bit, and when I reopened them, she was sitting right in front of me. I hadn't noticed her moving at all.
    She had a great figure. She looked like a dancer. Long, dark hair. She was wearing a dark shirt showing lots of cleavage. Short pants with tights underneath. Did I mention she was beautiful? Actually, no. She was stunning.
    One thing should have tipped me off. It was getting quite cold, I think it happened when November was in the chair. I know I had already begun to stack on layers of clothing. But she wasn't wearing much. And she didn't seem to mind either. 
    Her skin had a faint tan. Maybe she just had some make up on. Wait! I just realized now. No bag, whatsoever. Can't believe I never noticed that. Have you ever seen a girl without something to haul all her stuff with?
    But her eyes! Its hard to describe. I can't remember whether they were brown, green, or golden. They just seemed to shift in color. And as they did, I felt myself drawn in to her. Just like when you know you really are laying in bed and yet feel just as if you were falling.
    As I was falling into her, I felt a chill on my back. My heart was pounding in my chest. I remember thinking to myself that this chick was something else, something dangerous, even. Yes, I was scared. Of a girl. So?
    The train stopped. Some guy stepped in. He was wearing a three piece suit and carrying a briefcase. Tall, muscular, healthy. You know the type. Successful.
    He briefly glanced in our direction before collapsing on a sit a few rows away from us. Mr Successful must have had a long day because he fell asleep almost right away.
    She had noticed him. I wasn't falling anymore. She slowly walked towards him. I remember that the train kept rocking as it sped through the subway, however it didn't bother her. There was something odd, for lack of a better word, about the way she moved. It was very fluid. Like, I don't know, I'm sure it sounds crazy, she wasn't restricted by joints, ligaments or any of those things that make us walk the way we walk.
    She sat next to the guy who immediately woke up. She said something. He smiled. Pretty soon, they were kissing and actually making out. This went on for a while. Then, as the train stopped, they both stood up and made their exit. As they did, I remember this perfectly, she licked his cheek. Only it wasn't with a human tongue. What came out of her mouth was a fat, sluggish thing, disgustingly pulsating as it was slithering across the guys face, leaving a pus like substance in its trail. I felt like screaming but couldn't move a muscle.
    The doors to the train closed and that's the last I ever saw of them.
    Alright, I know. I was drunk. It was late. You don't believe me. Fine. One thing is for sure though. You'll never see me drunk again on the last train on line Z. At least, not on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment